Monday, June 25, 2012

Lemon Icebox Pie

I had this pie for the first time a year ago at one of my favorite restaurants, Zelko's. I had no idea that it was a down home type dessert until I got home and started looking up recipes. It consists of very basic ingredients, and requires no oven--perfect summer dessert.





I have been wanting to make this for my blog for a long time now. I love lemons, my kitchen is lemons--well lemons/yellow and turquoise. They represent everything good, sweet lemonade, a happy cheery color, and hot summer days. I just adore them! I love citrus of all kinds, but I am partial to lemons. My mom has a lime tree and I want to plant a lemon tree next spring, here's hoping! Here is a wedding present I received...one of my favorites I must admit.


On with the recipe!



You need a hand mixer, a juicer, a grater or microplane,
 condensed milk, 2 bars of cream cheese, and 2 lemons


Mix cream cheese until fluffy


the recipe calls for 1 tsp of zest but I like to just eye it. I zest until it feels right!


Schqweeeeeeze your lemon halves.


Look at that lemony goodness


Sometimes I make my own crust and put it in a beautiful pie dish. 
Sometimes I buy the crust at the store. I spent the entire weekend cleaning 
and organizing my house, today was not the day for a made from scratch crust!


Pour the filling it and smooth out the top. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours
This is about 1.5 hours, I was chasing daylight! 



This is an ideal dessert to enjoy on a hot day. 
Take this along to your next pool party or pot luck,
 minimal effort with maximum effect. So refreshing.

Lemon Icebox Pie

Ingredients

1-9 inch Graham Cracker Pie Crust
2-8 oz Packages of Cream Cheese, softened
1-14 oz Can of Condensed Milk
Juice of 2 Lemons
1 teaspoon of Lemon Zest

Directions

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add condensed milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
Pour mixture into crust. 
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.






No comments:

Post a Comment